[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.63″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid”]
I believe it is important for God’s Church to acknowledge that the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution gives evidence that America’s Founding Fathers gave us a Christian nation because God will not bless our nation to heal our land if we persist in seeing it and ourselves through the paradigm of a lie called “separation of church and state.” Jesus says in John 8:32 “Truth sets us free.” So we also need to see that Satan uses lies to enslave us and our nation.
It seems counter-intuitive to me that churches who quote “separation of church and state” actually also pray and attend events to petition God to influence our governments and government officials, from which they say God should be separate. Does it not seem inconsistent and contradictory to us that people who quote “separation of church and state” attend prayer events so that the state will be influenced by God whom they say should remain separate from the affairs of state?
As Bible-believing Christians we should be honest students of history and do a little research to understand that the reason God blessed America’s Founding Fathers to construct the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution, which conjoins 5 rights centered around Biblical Christianity — the only religion they practiced — is because Biblical Christianity is supposed to
- Inform our national conscience of what is right and wrong, and how we are to conduct ourselves in our personal, civic and government affairs. And Biblical Christianity is to be the guide for
- Our speech – both what we speak up for, and what we speak out against. And what is considered wholesome and perverted.
- How the Press is supposed to conduct itself to a) report crime as that which is consistent with what the Bible calls sin, and b) report as noteworthy that which the Bible calls praiseworthy.
- Why we are Free to Assemble, so we can worship God and exercise our freedom of speech rights to pray in public and bless God in public.
- In the event that our government strays from these Biblical principles we are supposed to Mass Ourselves Together to Petition the Gov’t to obtain a Redress – a righting of the wrongs – for such grievances.
No one is saying everyone in America has to be a born again Christian. Neither did America’s Founding Fathers establish a Theocracy. What they designed was a culture where each individual was encouraged to self-govern under the 10 Commandments. Of course our nation’s civic laws are based on the 10 Commandments – as everyone has a right not be murdered, stolen from nor lied to or about.
The beauty of American society and those that traditionally operated as Christian cultures – is that you don’t have to be a Christian, nor convert to Christianity to enjoy the benefits of living in one. What we’ve enjoyed in Western Civilization in general and in America in particular, is unlike anything the world has ever seen of known, which cultures based upon everyone are trying to treat each other according to the 10 Commandments and other Biblical principles, such as turn the other cheek and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Acknowledging this history and explaining it to others now is what lifts us up in Liberty.