Mark 7: 15 – 23, says 15There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.” … Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” … 21For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
Jer 7: 9 says The heart is deceitful … and desperately sick. So a great deal of godly fathering involves helping our children to see right from wrong, by getting in touch with what God’s heart is on any issue. By contrast, the world says, “Follow your heart.” What really should happen is that Godly training takes place, so we follow God’s heart. Discovering God’s will for our lives is discovering what heart really fulfills out heart.
As fathers, we must guide our children from the sins mentioned in Mark 7:20-23, which are coming from within the hearts of people in power within our sin-sick society’s government run educational system which also are encroaching into our churches, schools and homes to defile our families.
- Evil thoughts and sexual immorality are imbedded in Common Core education that seeks to confuse our children sexually by denying them access to God’s word that He made us male and female. It encourages promiscuity by saying, you won’t know your homosexual until you try it.
- Theft and murder are taking place through abortion that steals budding lives, before they get to bloom from the womb.
- The coveting, wickedness, envy, and slander of vs 22 is taught to our college kids though concepts like “white privilege” and socialism. So-called white privilege denies that God truly has blessed hard working people, and the anti-capitalist rhetoric denies that in the Matt. 25:14-23 – Parable of the Talents, the 2 servants Christ commended engaged in the capitalist activities of “trading and making” to increase their talents – for which Christ commends them.
- The deceitful, carnal pride of vs. 23 is attacking young people through The Black Lives Matter movement, which pits races against one another, and denies John 3: 16 that says for God loves all people, who are the “whosoevers” who can believe and not perish but have everlasting life. It also denies Rom 3:23 that says “All have sinned and fallen short of God’s standard, as it tries to communicate that we are not going to be held accountable for not loving people of another race.
- God’s remedy for how sin is manifested through popular movements is by giving us new hearts. Gal 6:5 says (NLT) “It doesn’t matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation.”
As faithful fathers do their job to defend faith and family, our children see the difference between sin and righteousness. That is what lifts our families up in liberty.
[email-download-link namefield=”YES” id=”14″]