Feb 5, 2017, “Isaac Inherits God’s Promise!” (Hebrews 11: 8-16)
Jesus said in John 4:22 – “You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.” This …
- does not mean “No Samaritan or non-Hebrew can get saved.”
- does not mean “Only those who follow the law God gave Moses for Israel can be saved.” (Gal 2:16) (although we all must honor the law system God gave.)
- definitely means “God brought Salvation by grace into the world through the faith He taught Israel.”
- definitely means “Salvation is through christ, who was born of the Jewish Tribe of Judah.”
- definitely means “Christ, the Jew, is the subject & focus of the Faith God requires for Salvation.”
God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:24), so all have to come to Him through the same way of faith in Christ. (Rom. 10: 12-13, Gal 3:26-28, Col. 3:11)
Gen. 12: 1-3 Abraham’s call was to leave what is familiar for GOD’S promise .
Gen. 12: 1-3, God’s call for us (all people) to enter into His promise of salvation started with Abraham
Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and He (God) counted
(accredited) it to him as righteousness.
In Gen. 15:16, The Amorites did not respond to God in faith, so they filled up their allotment (quota) of sin against God, who dispossessed them from their place and inheritance in the land.
In Gen.26: 1-5 Isaac Inherits God’s 5-Fold Promise to Abraham from Gen 12: 1-3. In Gen 26: 1-5 God tells Isaac:
- 3 Sojourn in this land
- 4 I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and
- will give to your offspring all these lands.
- And in your offspring all the nations of the earth shall be blessed
- 5 because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Sarah Bore Isaac, who is the child of promise. (Gen. 21: 10-13)
Gen 21:12 Sarah spoke as a prophetess and God confirmed what she spoke to Abraham, saying “Whatever Sarah says to you, do as she tells you, for through Isaac shall your offspring be named.”
Ishmael Is Blessed As A Child of Abraham
- 21:13, He’ll become a nation.
- Gen 16: 12 12He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone, meaning he and his offspring will be very contentious, pugnacious and disagreeable.
- God gives two analogies for the 2 Types of Children of Abraham ( Gen 13:16, Gen 15:5 Gen 21:17) because sand is a
metaphor for our adamic, carnal nature and stars are a metaphor for our Born Again, christ-like nature. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies. (1 Cor 15: 45-49 & Dan. 12:3)
Isaac & Ishmael Represent God’s “‘Last Shall Be First’ and the ‘First Shall Be Last’” principle.
God’s grace counters the natural law of the older gets a double portion of all parental possessions, to elect the younger, and “the older shall serve the younger.”
Moses was the youngest child in his family.
At the time called gave Joseph the dream that (unbeknownst to him was a call to save the world from a famine), Joseph was the youngest of all his brothers. Subsequent to Joseph’s departure for Egypt, his dad had his younger brother, Benjamin.
King David was the youngest of his brothers.
Scripture shows how God deals with people who first repent and then responds to the Holy Spirit’s prompting and who call out to God Who redeems them unto salvation.
Acknowledge God’s Sovereignty and His absolute
- Providential Election
- Ability to Qualify Those Whom Say Yes to Obey Him
- Ability to Complete the work He’s started in we who obey (Phil 1:6)
- Promise to graft into the family/tribe/nation of Faith those who believe and submit themselves to what God clearly and consistently lays out in the Bible.
To view the recorded message, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obj2ktlE6XY