[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”God will not bless the church for cleaving to the lie of “Separation of Church and State”. May 10 2016″ _builder_version=”3.0.63″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid”]
Does God curse or bless lies? I bet almost everyone listening would say, “God curses or punishes lies.” Do we think that as a church we will escape being cursed if we cling to lies? Do we think a cheap grace will cover our lies?
Today I stand in the gap and call the church to abandon the lie of “Separation of Church and State.” That phrase neither appears in the Bible, and does not appear in the Constitution. So as a church we need to repent of quoting it as if it is scripture.
The church should recognize the lie of “Separation of Church and State” because …
- The Bible shows God assigned all His Old Testament prophets to speak directly to kings and rulers of state. The book of Isaiah begins with how he prophesied to three governmental administrations about what God’s Will is for them.
- Isaiah 1: 1 “The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.” Did God only concern Himself with Israeli kings? His Word says in Psalm 82:8 God will not judge the nations. Do you think it is fair for God to judge the nations without Him motivating people to speak to those nation’s rulers?
- God arranged divine appointments with the Disciples of Christ to speak directly to kings and rulers of state, about who God is and what His Word requires of them to be saved.
- If God expected states and governments to act separately and independently of Him, He never would have disbanded one-world government at The Tower of Babel in Gen 10, and He never would have drowned Pharaoh’s Army in the sea, when that state disobeyed Him.
- The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution begins with Freedom of Religion, because America’s Founding Fathers wanted Biblical Christianity to guide the nation into wholesome speech, a press and media that honors God, and the ability to assemble to worship Him publicly – even at sporting events.
Because the church has traded its “First Amendment Position” that America’s Founding Fathers established for it, in exchange for the lie of “Separation of Church and State” …
- The Church no longer has a clear vision for God’s will in public affairs, and America is perishing under that lack of vision.
- People can’t discern when government promotes activities that break the 10 Commandments, and how our nation gets judged as result.
- Gov’t now is without a spiritual and moral rudder, and is left believing wrong is right.
- Gov’t no longer feels any compulsion to treat we the people according to the 10 Commandments, and routinely lies to us.
- The church is irrelevant to society and the common people, who know right from wrong, but cannot find a consistent voice to rally around to help them make a stand against the evil they know is attacking their children and families.
Repenting of the lie of separation of church and state will unshackle the Gospel and show how relevant the Bible is to solving today’s societal challenges.
[email-download-link namefield=”YES” id=”43″]